Friday 26 January 2018

Let the CAL begin

This is my latest pattern, my first blanket pattern and I am over the moon how it turned out.

It was a labour of love and one that almost didn't happen. 

I could not get my motif to work and that was the main part of the whole concept. 

There are hexagon patterns out there, there are even hexagons made up of puff stitch. But there was not any Puff stitch hexagons that included a image/motif. Maybe it wasn't doable????




Thankfully I tried over and over again. I racked my brain, made my fingers and thumbs numb through trying.

The placement of each Puff and the increases could throw the image out so easily, so it was a matter on getting the increases right and placing the colours in the right spot too. 




Then I got it. I asked my friends what is this? can you tell?. They all saw a unicorn. Phew



I felt I needed to add another motif, scared at the prospect of going through all those trials and tribulations again I took a deep breath. Thankfully the rainbow was a lot easier to arrange.


My colour choice would be the next important step. I decided on a pastels (as shown) and a brights colour way. I must admit I feel in love with the pastel shades straight away and had to make that one first.


Once it was finished it was time to make the pattern up, and made sure it made sense to others. I had testers give the motifs a go. I was scared that it would only make sense to me and confound and confuse anyone else who looked at it.

I made sure the pattern included the various ways in which people like to read a pattern, be it a graph, or step by step written instructions.

Then I released it to the world of social media and was so happy with the response that I got, it got shared quite wide and I even got shared by Sarah Zimmerman of repeat crafter me ( I know right !!!!!!)

So this is where we are now. The pattern has been on sale now for two days and I am setting up a CAL so that I can make my brights blanket in the company of others.

Its the kind of blanket that you need to take your time over, no matter how eager you are to finish it. So we can support and reign each other in at the same time.

I hope you can join in with the CAL or even show your support and follow the CAL with supportive comments or questions.

Happy crocheting XXX

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just received my yarn for brights Unicorn blanket, but it does show how many of each Color to make, like the pastels please help.

    ReplyDelete