Tuesday 30 January 2018

Lighter and brighter

I was becoming frustrated with the lack of light and poor lighting when taking photos of my work.

When I create a pattern I need to take photos and close ups.

As I work mostly in the evenings it was impossible to get clear and crisp images that did not have that awful yellow tint from electric lighting.


I decided to take the plunge and get a light tent.


So here it is.......


...newly unwrapped. It was easy to set up, a few minutes after unpacking I was ready to go.

The image on the left is how my photos would have looked before the light tent. 

Not a bad photo. but the colour is just a bit flat and grey. 

It also has that yellow tint to it.

If I were to do a close up of the puff then I would get shadows too. Yuk!.

Here on the right is a photo after the lights have been switched on either side of the hexagon within the light box





I think you will agree that the difference is immense. 

So light and bright, the light is diffused and If I were to do a close up then no shadows would be cast.

I can not wait to take some shoots of my work and do some photo tutorials for my Tunisian puff pattern. 


I like how it has given a true representation of my colours. Which is important when showing your work off to its true likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment