Wednesday 18 July 2018

Odds and ends

 I am an advocate of using up all your odds and ends. It always makes me feel better about buying my next bundle of yarn.

Do I ever get to use up all my odds and ends......errrrmmmm no not quite but half the fun is trying to.

I have one friend who admitted that she starts a project with the aim of finishing off all her odds and ends but ends up buying new yarn to finish it off.

I promise that this little project will not have you shopping for more yarn to get it finished. Well at least I am not going to take the blame for your next spending splurge. You have to hold your hand up to your own yarn hording weakness yourself.


Without further ado .......








here is my coffee table basket weave cover. Its a work in progress and I hope you will follow me as I finish it off. It should really only take a few days to make but if you are like me you have multiple projects on the go at once.

This project is my current take out project and perfect for those little snippets of time you have of waiting in the car or for an appointment.






First you need to measure your table top. You need the width and length, this will determine the strip lengths you will need to create.

To crochet my strips I chained 6 and then starting from the 2nd stitch from hook Single crocheted back down the chain.

This gives me 5 stitches to work back and forth in rows. At the end of each Row ch1 and turn. Continue to work your rows until you get your desired length.

Make as many strips as you need to cover your table top in rows and then columns.



Next I joined all my widths/rows down both edges to join the together, with a simple sc.



This is where I am currently at. I am now joining my columns to the bottom row. Remember to alternate placing your colum either under or ontop of the row. I am again joining them with a simple sc.
I am choosing to weave my columns in as I go but have not yet joined the tops with a sc edge.

I hope you like this project. If you give it a go let me know and I will try and share some of your final pieces.  

what will you cover with your crochet basket weave?

T

No comments:

Post a Comment