Thursday 19 July 2018

Temperature blankets

Have you made one yet?



They have been doing the rounds in the crochet world for a year or more now (maybe longer). I have always wanted to make one but never got round to starting it.

I like the idea of starting a temperature blanket from an important date or life changing moment rather than from the 1st of Jan through to 31st December.

This is what I am doing, my blanket starts on the 21st of May 2018 and maybe this time next year I will tell you why this was an important date for me.

This blanket for me will show my growth and journey since this date in a really visual way and yes I know its July now, but I have been fine tuning my colour choices and think I finally cracked it.

Want to see my colours I think I have 31 colours in total. I am using Paintbox simply DK colours of which there are currently 60 in the range.

You can view the full range here >>> LOVE CROCHET<<<and maybe have a guess at some of the 31 colours I have selected for my blanket.

Please read on for a small colour preview for May............





So for the few days of May that I have recorded the colours are as follows :














Washed Teal (132)
Temp 13 - 14 Degrees














Daffodil Yellow (121)
Temp 18 to 19 Degrees













Buttercup yellow (122)
Temp 20 Degrees













 Mustard Yellow (123)
Temp 21 Degrees













Mandarin Orange (117)
Temp 22 Degrees













Seville Orange (118)
Temp 23Degrees













Melon Sorbet (116)
Temp 25 Degrees













 Vintage Pink (155)
Temp 26 Degrees












Bright Peach (111)
Temp 27

Once I get these ones done I will add the June colours. I hope you come back to see them.






No comments:

Post a Comment