Saturday 21 July 2018

Christmas in July

Since the success of my Unicorn Hexi puff blanket design I have been busy beavering away at a new design specifically for the festive season.


Here is my long awaited Christmas hexi puff design.

It has 7 motifs in total.
Christmas Tree
Gingerbread man
Santa
Robin
Angel
Reindeer
Snowflake

If you have seen my Unicorn Hexi puff Blanket previously then it will be made in a similar fashion, however there will be no plain hexis in this blanket. It will take some time to make but its the perfect pattern to pick up at your leisure.

Get my Free Unicorn Blanket pattern >>>>>here<<<<<<


Ideally I would have liked to have the final blanket all finished, but I have been far to occupied with my three children that it kind of got pushed to the back to the shelf.

So I will share the 7 motifs I have made and the pattern of how to make these. I will at a later date update you all with the final borders and quantity of yarn used, though I envisage only using I ball of each colour and possibly three balls of white.

Lets start with the Christmas tree......





I am using paintbox simply DK which I buy from >>>>Love Crochet<<<<<.

Once the final pattern is all written up it will be avaliable on my website.

Of course you can use your own colour scheme and I would love to see it if you do.

For the Tree I have chosen to use :-

Sailor Blue - main colour
Lime Green - Tree
Mustard - Star
Coffee bean - Tree base

Please note that the image is not the above colours mentioned but I wanted to share this image to show you the added french knots that I created to look like fairy lights.

Each design has some little add on french knot embellishment that just adds a finishing touch, whether it be eyes, buttons, lights.

So shall we start our first Hexi design.

If you need help with creating a puff stitch then you may find my >>>> previous post here<<<<<  helpful as it walks you through how to create a plain hexi. It also shows you how the PIT stitches and PIM stitches are important in how they are placed.

It may save time if you practice a plain hexi first to save tears when jumping in at the deep end with a motif hexi.

If you have already used my Unicorn Hexi Blanket pattern then you should be okay to dive right in.

I hope you enjoyed making your first Christmas Hexi puff once it goes live. Please do share your progress on any social media platform you use and use the hastag #hexichristmas. I will search with this hastag and then share your work.

Happy Crocheting.















No comments:

Post a Comment