Monday 23 July 2018

Yarn Dyeing

I have always wanted to try my hand at dyeing my own yarn, but its something that scares me. I don't know why.

 The other day my Seven year old daughter asked if she could try to tie dye a t-shirt, she had watched some u tube videos and told me exactly what she needed.

 Off to the shops we went. She wanted quite a few colours, but me knowing a little bit more than a seven year old when it comes to art and crafts (only a bit mind you she is quite apt at doing things herself). I told her how we could make different colours from only buying the basic primary colours of Red, Yellow and Blue.

These are the three colours we brought....



Click on one of the three colours to go the the Range online where we got ours from only £2.99 each. We mixed up half a sachet and had plenty left over from the two t-shirts we have done so far.


 We got stuck right in as soon as we got back from the shops



Read on for the finished piece......







A great process and whilst I think yarn dyeing might be a bit more involved it has given me the incentive to give it a go.

I thing a great start would be a yarn dyeing course. I like the idea of an online course and know that Craftsy is a trusted place to get good indepth courses that I can dip in and out of at my pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment